Nampa Planning & Zoning Commission
P&Z COMMISSION CREATION, DUTIES & COMMISSIONERS
The Nampa Planning & Zoning Commission was originally created by an ordinance passed by the City Council. The Commission consists of nine (9) members, all of whom are appointed by the Mayor and which appointments are confirmed by the majority vote of the City Council. Not more than two (2) of the appointed members are nonresidents of the city. Members of the Commission who are residents must have resided in the city for at least two (2) years prior to their appointment and must remain a resident during their time of service. At least one is to be a resident of the area of city impact. Commissioners are appointed for six (6) year rotating terms. Each year appointments shall be made to fill the positions of retiring members.
Many of the duties of the Commission are listed in the Idaho Local Land Use Planning Act (LPA). Nampa City Code information regarding the Commission is found in Title 2 Chapter 8 - Planning and Zoning Commission. By law, the Commission plays a major role in all aspects of the local planning process, including:
- Obtaining the public's advice through surveys, meetings and hearings.
- Promoting public interest and understanding of and participation in the planning process.
- Advising the Mayor and City Council on planning and zoning matters.
- Preparing, implementing, reviewing and updating the Comprehensive Plan.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the City Council on Annexations, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, Conditional Use Permits, Planned Unit Developments, Subdivision (Condo, Preliminary, Final, and Short) Plats, and Zoning Ordinance Map and Text Amendments.
- Recommend a map, a governing plan and ordinances for an Area of City Impact that is within the unincorporated area of the County.
- Such other duties as are required by Idaho law and Nampa City Code.
Regular meetings and advertised public hearings are scheduled for the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Business items begin at 6:30 p.m. and advertised public hearings begin at 7:00 p.m. If a holiday occurs on one of those days or a regular City Council Meeting is deferred to the same Tuesday, then the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting occurs the following Wednesday. Agendas & Staff Reports will be available on the Friday prior to each scheduled meeting. The scheduled regular meeting dates for 2018 are as follows:
- Tuesday, January 9th - Tuesday, January 23rd
- Tuesday, February 13th - Tuesday, February 27th
- Tuesday, March 13th - Tuesday, March 27th
- Tuesday, April 10th - Tuesday, April 24th
- Tuesday, May 8th - Tuesday, May 22nd
- Tuesday, June 12th - Tuesday, June 26th
- Tuesday, July 10th - Tuesday, July 24th
- Tuesday, August 14th, Tuesday, August 28th
- Tuesday, September 11th - Tuesday, September 25th
- Tuesday, October 9th - Tuesday, October 23rd
- Tuesday, November 13th - Tuesday, November 27th
- Tuesday, December 11th - (no second meeting)
|Chad Gunstream (Vice Chair)||12-31-2018|
|Ron Van Auker, Jr.||12-31-2022|
|Lance McGrath (Chair)||12-31-2019|
To view/download Nampa Planning & Zoning Commission public hearing notices, agendas, staff reports, minutes or meeting audio files please visit the Agenda Center. For more information about the Nampa Planning & Zoning Commission, or to discuss business items or public hearing items to be added to an upcoming agenda, please contact Sylvia Mackrill.